Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Snack

   I was able to go out into the garden and do some weeding and pruning. Helped with my mood but not my energy. It is a beautiful cool day here and the fresh air makes me very happy. I had my morning snack at 10:30 Fresh Tomato, Mozzarella, Carrots, Sun dried tomato in olive oil because it tastes so good. I had about 1 cup worth. I am beginning to feel a little bit better and expect that my blood sugar is rising. I would test but my pet peeve is the local stores have my test strips and they cost over 1.00 a piece. If I order online they are about .50 a piece. So I am waiting for my order to arrive, free postage. Pet Peeve - if they can make money selling it for .50 a strip and give us free postage then why do the local stores charge over 1.00.......Well anyway I know I have to test twice a day before I take my medication and since I don't know when the strips will arrive I have to ration out the few I have left.
   I am sitting on the porch, enjoying the fresh air and birds. Looking forward to having all this behind me so I can get back to doing the things I enjoy.
   Side note- Before I knew about my sugar I had started what I called the WIC diet... We do daycare for our grand daughter and when I go to the grocery store I buy anything that has the WIC approved sign just because that helped us make healthy choices for her. I started eating a handful of food every hour - Which is a ton of food and about twice of what I was usually eating. Well I am now down 33lbs. and 4 dress sizes! Yeah Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment